17.7.08

lately.

Lately. Moments that have stood out.

[one]
Jenny and Elliott's company on my laid-back 4th of July weekend. Bicycle rides. Farmers' market. 2am dip in the lake in skivvies. Vegan cooking. Conversation. Jenny's comment to Elliott, "You never know what's going to happen in Milwaukee. Be ready for anything. Pack accordingly."
[To JK & E: promise next time I'll properly measure miles.]

[two]
Two people have recently told me to start up a cafe or foodery.

Jenny on my pancake skills:
Kate is really a pancake artist. Quit your job and open up a restaurant. Serve only pancakes and pastries. Heck! If I don't get a job straight out of grad school, let's pack back around the world then open up a vegan restaurant! Seriously!

Our accounting/HR guy at work:
You should start a cafe called "Sandwiches Made With Love." Your presentation is always perfect -- the colors, the shapes.

2 comments:

Jenny K said...

...and by "pack back," I meant backpack. :)

Kate said...

ha, yes, yes. I interpreted that.