25.7.08

Airplane education.

For awhile I've had an idea to enable travelers to use their time on the airplane to educate themselves about their next destination. The elevator pitch is this:
A captivated audience sits on each plane behind a television screen. Use it to make them smarter travelers. Tell them about their destination. Give them language lessons and the necessary context to fully appreciate their destination. Show them around their destination airport, where the luggage is, where to convert money, where to catch a cab into the city. Tell them about their transportation options into the city. What's the best way to get there?

If I'm going to Prague, tell me about the secluded restaurant that looks over Old Town Square. Give me the history of the astrological clock and the fate of its maker. What pieces of language should I know to get around? Hello, thanks, goodbye, restroom, please.

Make me a smarter traveler. I'll appreciate it.


My dad dropped me a note about an Omaha-based company. It seems their dipping their toes in the same water.

They beat me to the chase! Somewhat ironic that they're from Omaha.

No comments: