11.7.08

the bicycle thief discount.

Walking to the bicycle shop today, awkwardly holding a mess of a mountain bike without front wheel or bicycle seat, and run into Corey, the Bike Fixer and owner of the bicycle shop on my way down. We make brief conversation. Corey inquires as to where the front wheel is. I give him the 10 second story and continue inside to where Andy, another bike fixer, Corey's employee, greets me.

I repeat the story of the stolen front wheel. And, point out that the bicycle didn't even have the quick release so this particular thief had to work for his takeaway. Andy points out that I have bad luck with back tires -- my bicycle had been in a week earlier injured by a piece of glass.

Corey walks in a few minutes later, "Hey, Andy. Give her 10% off of all the parts."

Me, "Ah, the back wheel stolen discount. Thanks."

No comments: